Ditching the plastic straws altogether, people are joining the cause and switching to greener alternatives like paper, glass, silicone and primarily metal sippers. The stainless steel straws are excellent in every way and they do not harm the environment. Those who have used the metal straws will happily tell you how easy it is to switch & use these products.
Here are some of the commonly answered questions that will tell the full story about metal straws.
Why order the metal straws?
Metal straws replace the world’s smallest use & throw item plastic straws. Because plastic straws are smaller in size so we can easily phase them out with a metal one. The SS straws are environment-friendly, durable and cost-effective alternatives. These are easy to carry anywhere you go. When you opt for an alternative like steel straws over plastic ones you are helping the planet. Do the research!
How easy it is to clean these metal straws?
There is a reason why these are called stainless steel straws. First, they do not catch rust and secondly, they can last for years. All you need is to clean them after your drinks, that’s it! A specific cleaner is provided with the purchase of these straws that makes cleaning relatively easy. Plus, they are dishwasher-safe.
Can I carry them anywhere, just everywhere?
Yes, you can carry them easily inside a backpack, into your pockets or just hold it in the hands. So many people who have used it for a month at least will tell you that ditching plastic straws is very easy. You just have to make it a habit and for the purpose use metal straws instead.
How different it is than plastic straws?
Metal straws get really cold when sipping your favourite drinks. I cannot recall the plastic ones getting this cold. And, this is exactly what most people love about the SS straws. Unlike plastic, there is no wastage with the metal version of straws. You can use them for as long as you want without throwing it away.
These were all questions about the metal straws. But, why we had to switch in the first place. Plastic straws are only straws we use in the restaurants and these serve the purpose. So, what is wrong with them?
- Plastic straws leach BPA (Bisphenol A) chemical into your drinks. It is a toxic industrial chemical that can have a potential impact on your health. Metal straws are completely safe and BPA-free. This is also one of the main reasons why the switch.
- Plastic straws do not get recycled and certainly not decomposed. They just add up to the pile of trash inside the oceans killing the sea animals. On the other hand, metal straws are recyclable and reusable both. You can use them over and over again. Also, stainless steel is the most recycled material on the planet.
- Toxic plastic straws can bend or break easily but the metal ones do not. The steel straws are rounded at the tips to avoid sharp edges. This makes them safe for use but they aren’t flexible.
- These are single-use plastic items that are used just once & thrown away afterwards. Also, the thin material these are made of easily breaks down into Microplastic which isn’t visible to the eye. Hence, the backlash against its use is a prompt one.
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is a prime example of the Plastic threat. Since its discovery more than 20 years ago efforts are being made to remove plastic from the oceans. But, as we stand more & more plastic is still being added to the oceans making it difficult to clean. Plastic straws are one of the pollutants and we are the culprits.
Are metal straws the answer then?
Metal straws are among the most suitable alternatives to replace these plastic straws. At Steelstraws.in you will find different types of metal straws available for use. Once you have used these straws you will realize their effectiveness. All we need is a change of mindset and we believe that metal straws could be a stepping stone. Doing your bit for the environment will inspire others to do the same as well.
Anti-straw movement: A widespread campaign
We have witnessed in the past few years how these anti-plastic campaigns are gaining attention. People are wanting to give these greener alternatives like metal straws a second chance. Even Starbucks has pledged to get rid of the plastic straws from all its stores by 2020. So, the movement might pay off if we all do our bit for the environment.
Stainless steel straws are available at an affordable price on our store. So, try out the metal version and experience something new!